- 2016 Final Survival Craft Requirements
- 2015 Vessel Discharge - Ballast Water Update
- USCG - Global Navigation Satellite Systems
- USGC- Electronic Chart Approval 02-16
- USCG - 10-20-15 Safety Exam Clarification
- Engineer Officer Endorsements 2015
- Full Observer Coverage in the Gulf of Alaska Trawl Fishery
- Simple Truths of Safety at Sea for the Alaska Tender Fleet
- USCG - Dangerous Liquid Cargo & Fish Tenders
- 2015 USCG Dockside Exam Update
AITA 2015 Members Meeting Videos
The video presentations from our 2015 AITA Members Meeting are now available for Current AITA Members and Affiliates to view.
The videos are rich with information on the latest rules and regulations as they pertain to Alaska Commercial Fish Tender Operations .
You may view these videos by navigating to the "Members Only" menu tab and logging in. The content will then be displayed.
There are 4 videos to view:
Video Title - “November 16, 2015, Regional Work Group Meeting on ASCP and Alaska Tenders / AITA,Vessel Loadline"
Scott Wilwert USCG Fishing Vessel Safety Coordinator, District 17, Juneau, AK &
Troy Rentz, USCG 13th District, Seattle, WA, Alternate Compliance Coordinator
Video Title - “Commercial Fishing Industry Vessel Safety Advisory Committee (CFSAC) and their role in ASCP and Training Requirements Present and Future"
Presented by Jerry Dzugan, Executive Director, AMSEA (Alaska Marine Safety Education Assoc.) and Chairman Of the CFSAC
Video Title - “tLandings 2015- 2016 An Update and Program Review"
Presented by Gail Smith , ADF&G Project Coordinator II & eLandings Project Manager
Video Title - “Deployment of Observers on Tenders in the Gulf of Alaska Trawl Fishery"
Presented by Diana Evens and Jon McCracken, North Pacific Fishery Management Council Staff Members
U.S. Coast Guard Approves Official Electronic Charts
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Coast Guard published guidance that allows mariners to use electronic charts and publications instead of paper charts, maps and publications.
- The Coast Guard published Navigation and Vessel Inspection Circular, NVIC 01-16, on Feb. 5 to provide uniform guidance on what is now considered equivalent to chart and publication carriage requirements.
- Combining the suite of electronic charts from the U.S. hydrographic authorities and the Electronic Charting System standards published this past summer by the Radio Technical Commission for Maritime Services, the Coast Guard believes official electronic charts provide mariners with a substitute for the traditional official paper charts.
Below are links to approved electronic publications, download to a thumb drive and keep it handy in the wheel house.
All these publications are FREE.
- United State Coast Pilot http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/nsd/cpdownload.htm
- NOAA PDF Nautical Charts http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2014/20140221_nauticalcharts.html
- 2016 Light List Volumes http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/?pageName=lightLists
- USCG Current Navigation Rules and Regulations Handbook http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/?pageName=navRuleChanges